Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Here it is.

A moment that used to seem so far away; something I thought would take it's own sweet time to get here, with me impatiently awaiting its arrival. But no, it has come faster than I realized. It's tomorrow, the play.

All the way back in 8th grade, when I first came to ICS and was a pickpocket in the Oliver musical, I thought I saw such a long, 4-year acting career before me. So many opportunities. So much to do, wow, imagine when I'm like that someday, in 11th grade, 12th grade. Will I get a main role? What must it feel like? Those older kids are so awesome, I hope to be like them someday.

And, well...

Look. It's here.

Already. I can't believe it. It feels so different when the moment's actually here, than when it's some where far off in the ambiguous distance. When you're envisioning something for the future, you can imagine all the glory, and the storybook-like drama to it. But when time has actually brought it right to you, it becomes your reality, part of your day-to-day life, no longer a castle in the air. I don't feel like a "great, awesome older kid", like the ones I used to look up to so much a few years ago. This doesn't feel like some great, glorious, fantastically glamorous thing that I'm doing. I'm just me, and this is just what I'm doing.

But oh, no, don't be mistaken and think that I'm complaining and saying that my dreams of past haven't turned out to be what I thought they would. Not in the least! This reality is beautiful, and is so heart-wrenchingly close to me, that it's gonna be hard to let go of the play after these last few days are over.

I just pray that God will be glorified in the way we use the talents he's given us, in the friendships that have been forged, tested and strengthened both on and off-stage, and also in the morals and lessons that the story will impart to the audience. I pray that He'll be delighted with us, and let His hand be on this play, and honor all the work and heart that has gone into it.

It's been a good 13 or 14 weeks of work, and I've enjoyed every. single. step. (I'm so gonna cry when this is over.)
May these next three days be the
most fulfilling of them all!!


(and Rachel is here from Singapore tonight! She says hi~ ^^ Just the same way that I can't believe that the play is here, she can't believe she's here either, hahaha. =D)

No comments: