Friday, August 15, 2008

Okay, so here's what happened. You see that first "Edit: " line in my last post? Well yeah, I made it to 3 a.m., and that's when my mom- who HAD been asleep- woke up for some reason and realized I was still up. She was SOOO mad... she switched off the internet and chased me (rather scarily) to bed. PLUS, while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, she confiscated my laptop and hid it. Hence, my lack of blog updates the last few days, and the absence of my presence on MSN. =P

On the first day that the comp was gone, it felt like... Whoa, something's seriously missing. Felt like I hadn't used a computer for a week or more, because during the holidays I'd gotten used to going online a few times a day. I think I must've gone through some kinda computer-withdrawal. Symptoms like randomly "hearing" the MSN alert sound... feeling as if not using the computer those "multiple times in a day" was like not having all 3 meals... going about my day with a constant blog-style commentary chattering on in my head... yeah.

But I guess it was sorta a good thing that "temptation was removed from my path", because school started on Wednesday, and it has NOT been a relaxed, chill-out-ish first (half) week of school. For some reason, my classes feel loaded. Like, period after period, bam, bam, bam. Like, some classes aren't hard, per se, but I'm trying to discipline myself to not let my mind wander so much, and that extra amount of focus can be tiring. But I'm enjoying the challenge of it, and with all the work I have to do (outside-school stuff too), actually having more to do makes me manage my time better. These are my classes for this semester:

  • AP Calculus
  • AP World History
  • Mandarin 4
  • American Literature
  • Physics
  • Drama (auditions/play coming up!!)
  • Judeo-Christian History & Literature 2
  • Anatomy

The AP classes (Advanced Placement- they give you college credit) are... whew. Like on the first day of AP Calc, we got and hour and a half of homework. But in the two classes we've had, Mr Jeremy's done a good job so far. I won't report everything in every class, cuz that would just waste your time reading here. Generally commenting on these first 3 school days, I would say... it feels good to be getting back into gear. Now let's just see how this first school weekend goes- if I can hold true to my resolution to be not slack off and leave work until too late.

Dad's been helping out around school. Apparently today he taught the jazz band some stuff. He sat in on our drama class as well. Don't know what else he's been doing around school, but it's a good start. His reputation of "Ariel's cool dad" is spreading. HAhahaha.

Um... I'll have a lot to post here if I choose to start talking more specifically about school. But with me being sleepy right now, it'd become rambling, so I shall refrain. :D Oh, we've been preparing for the next youth Sunday, the 24th. Yesterday we had band practice. It was fun with Rissa and Nathan and Peace. Peace is really quite good on the drums. =) Very flexible with his rhythms and tempos.

I guess I'll end here... I'm sorta grasping for things to say already. I know there's a lot more I wanna talk about but my brain's gone on strike for tonight. :D And I think I should get to sleep soon otherwise I'll kenna my comp confiscated again. I just got it back like, 2 hours ago. ^^^

No comments: