Monday, August 11, 2008

Edit: I just realized that this is the last night of the summer that I can stay up late!! O_O Ok, gonna stay up laaaaaaaaaaaaate now. Hmph. ^^
----------------

I am so amped for the drama now. :D


"Amped", as Tim- my British classmate- would say. Hahahahaha.

I want the part of Jo. (Um... not the "Jo", who's my friend, whom I've mentioned in posts before.) Right now I think there are some people who could play that part better than I, and from a director's point of view, I'd say give the role to them. SO. I am going to start work now, and make sure I become the best Jo the ICS stage can have. Well, even though I don't naturally look the part, what with Jo being an American character, but I can't help that much. And that's what costumes and makeup are for. :)

That means, reading or re-reading the books (Little Women/Good Wives). Watching the film. Picking up an American accent and making it sound natural. I suppose... that means no Singlish even in blogs? Hm... maybe it doesn't have to do that far. But well, whatever it takes. I WANT THAT ROLE.
---
Right. =) Today was open house. Sorry, I didn't take pictures... mom had the camera with her. It wasn't very much anyway. Just seeing friends, then going to the auditorium for awhile (which I missed, because we student council people spent that time in the front foyer pointing the way for the late-comers. Then off to homeroom classes to get our schedules, after which we visit our various classes and pick up our course syllabuses, chat with the teachers, etc...

My schedule is the messiest and most uncertain that I've ever had it. Out of 8 blocks (modules), I only know 4 for sure. There are soo many variables. I feel like it's one of those grid puzzles with the pieces sliding around, and you have to push then here and there to get everything in the right place.

Going further back through my day~ this morning I went to Liz Ketcham's house, and Rose went over too. We did beading for awhile, talked a lot, and then went to Central for lunch and to buy school supplies. We had Au Bon Pain for lunch. "This (sandwich) is too good to be mere mortal food..." "I think they eat stuff like this on Mount Olympus."

I got an SAT review book... man, I feel privileged to not have to take O and A levels. Just the SATs. Dumb as they are. = =

Not much else to report on today. Wow... not using Singlish and shortcuts sure makes a post feel a lot longer...

Oh, here's a picture and the dance video from out youth sunday 3 weeks ago. Another one coming up the week after next.

From left to right: Rose (the one I went out with today), Shaina, Liz (her too), me, Karrell (who has since gone to the US for university.


Here, vid! :)
(Hey you Sg peeps, I still wanna see YOUR dance vid!!)



No comments: