Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My last day as a 15 year old! DOES TIME FLY OR WHAT. I rmb, with rather a laugh, back when I read the book, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 and 3/4, and thought, "Wow... it must be so grand to be 13 and 3/4 years old..." Lo and behold, 13.75 came and went, as did 14, as did 15, and tmr will be 16's turn.

As usual, I'm feeling that I don't want to leave this year, because it has been such a good one... I don't want to be called a sixteen-year-old, now that I've finally gotten used to being called a 15-year-old.. after I'd had to move on from my previous comfort zone of being called a 14-year-old... and before that I had so detested having to cross from being a 12-year-old, to being a thirTEEN-year-old. Because I didn't want to be a TEEN.

Yeah.

But you know what? Life goes on, and on hindsight, ever year has been as good as, or even better than the last. It therefore logically follows that next year will be even better than this one. I guess we're all just a bit edgy about crossing over into something unknown, something new. Cuz stepping from this year of being 15, into the next 12 calendar months of being 16... well yeah, it feels like I'm moving from my nice comfortable (albeit slightly cluttered) room, into a new empty one.

It's really cool tho, and nice, and comforting... and uplifting and encouraging... the number of people who somehow have been wishing me happy birthday the last few days. "Happy birthday Ariel! In case I forget on Thursday. =)" or, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY I'M GONNA WISH YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYDAY FROM NOW UNTIL YOUR REAL BIRTHDAY! :D:D" XD Funny, dear, wonderful friends.

Today we finished the drama read-throughs. Tomorrow we start working more specifically, more intensely on individual scenes. :D Woop! This is gonna be 12 weeks of drama, almost everyday, hard work, tiring hours, but I'm gonna LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF IT. Ah, and then of course, when it's over... I'll probably cry about it for the next 12 years.

Yesterday (and then continued today), after we finished our first read/walk-through of the entire script, we were told to do the whole thing again from the beginning, but this time at hyper speed. Literally, like on fast-forward. Sooo funny! :D Apparently, my speech is still very clear even when we're all going that fast.... "because that's how she always speaks at home" - quote, my loving father. XD

And now, I shall get back to my homework... history... lots of it.... =S

So. I conclude this last blog post of my 15th year. I praise my God for bringing me this far, teaching me, helping me grow up right and well... thanks to all my friends, all the pals who stand by me... I'll miss you, 15, :P. You were a good year. I don't think 16 will sound quite as cool as you, but it's time to let you go. (Ah, I think I like 15 because that's Ichigo's age.) Dad just came in to say a prayer for me... reminding me and also thanking God for, all these years, honoring my parents' prayer for me before I was born: That I would love God, love people, and have a peaceful spirit. May that continue on into my 16th year. =)

Luv ya'll! :D

1 comment:

ShiR* said...

happy birthday !
its ur bday today ♥
hehehe. it hitted me when u called my name in the morning.
thats why it came out .. an awkward, "happpyy birthdayyyy~~"
hahahah. love da brownies.
thanks ARiel's mom. hahah!!