Monday, August 25, 2008

40th post! Hahaha. I think this is my longest-standing blog so far. If not, then at least far more frequently updated than the old Xanga I had, which may still have more posts, I dunno.

Right. Today was such a joy! I do love drama, I don't know how I get on without it. Mercy on us, I'm even starting to write like a regular March girl, here online. (Imagine the accent as you read this.) If I have ever said that I love drama, all the more I do so love it now. It's a peculiar thing that although we actors and actresses spend the most of our time relating to each other as our characters, there seems to form this bond that transcends the acting and stage dialogue, to become true friendship. It's perfectly splendid, how we all do get along so.

Ah, okay it's weird to talk like tt... one paragraph's enough. Back to normal now. So yea, even outside of drama class, we still call each other by our characters' names, treat each other accordingly, and so on. All the fun, all the laughs... Love it love it love it. Today we had 2 practices, one in class at 3rd period, and then for an hour after school. Those 2 periods between practices felt too long to have to wait through. =P We're right now still doing read-throughs, but it's already so fun. Instead of sitting around and just reading, we're already "walking through" the scenes, and get to throw in as much action and expression as we like.

One complaint only tho: the character that my Jo falls in love with at the end of the drama, is played by a freshie. Yes, a 9th grader. Yes, 2 years younger than me. *does the awkward turtle sign* I have a good mind to change the play... just go ahead and say "YESS!!" when Laurie confesses his feelings for Jo. Run off with him, then I don't have to go romance a freshie. XD =\

Practice was funny though, cuz there're a couple of scenes where- although Jo doesn't like Laurie as he likes her- they do hug or hold hands when he comforts her over her sister's illness. When Caleb (Laurie) and I read to that part of the script where it gave such directions, we were both like, "... ..." *look at Mr Philip* "We, uh... do we have to do this... now..?"

What Mr Philip then said to that was right, "The sooner you get comfortable, the better." And I agree! But... all Caleb and I managed to do was the holding hands part, which we made look more like a friendly high five than an emotional gesture. As for the hug, (the "flinging herself at Laurie, throwing her arms around his neck")... well we got as far as standing within a few inches of each other. Bravo, bravoooo~ *applause*

Maan, if I'm so awkward with Caleb, whom I'd actually say I'm relatively comfortable with... then WHAT ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE FRESHIE?! >=X And it's doubly weird. The character he plays is like, 20 years older than my character. That's already icky. And on the actor-actress plane, he's 2 years younger than me. Ohhhh boy.

But that's what makes drama all the more interesting. XP School life, and life here in general feels like it has suddenly gone to a whole new level of intrigue and happiness (not that I wasn't happy before or anything!) No matter what comes, no matter what awkward situations befall me, no matter how the combined work load of drama and homework increases and drive me to the point of tears as it might... well. Call me Jo. =)

1 comment:

ShiR* said...

funny when i read about this.
man the freshie shuld change role with caleb eh? you will feel more comfortable rejecting laurie. hahaha.
good luck!! sounds fun =]