Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last night I slept real late, and had to wake up early this morning so even though it's like only 9 pm now, I'm srsly falling asleep and cnt type properly..

Yesterday I didn't do much, but one thing that was really nice was a word of encouragement my dad passed to me from one of my teachers (last year's bball coach). Won't say what it is, in case it ends up sounding like I'm bragging, but yeah, it was very uplifting. =)

Today the waking up early was to accompany mom to school to continue helping her with her classroom. It's nearly ready, I think.



I was sorting through a big box of things the kids use for play and dressup, and found some old stuff: the pouch was mine from way back when, the mat was Jana's, and the phone (with the broken antenna) looked so much like the phone we had when we lived in Mandarin Gardens... and I'd also broken the antenna. This pic's just for sentimentality's sake. =P


Patreeya was babysitting and happened to bring the kid, Win (5 years old), to the elementary building where we were, so he ended up playing with Jana in mom's kid-paradise classroom, while Pat and I chatted away. From the back, Win looks a lot like Aunty Yee Peng's Caleb... haha.



For lunch, Pat, Win, and I went to Central. Brought him to play some games at the arcade... and some of THOSE reminded me of my earlier childhood too. Then we went into Toys 'R Us and played with the legos... yeah, more memories. What a day. :)

We came back at 3, and at 3.45 mom and dad went off to the airport to catch their flight to Sg, cuz they need to sign some papers there. Dad's also staying a bit longer to see some friends, but mom's just signing the stuff, then coming back tmr night. It's funny how she's sooo concerned about leaving Jana and I home for just one day. Giving me the bank card in case anything happens on their flight... giving me instructions and cautions over and over again as if she was going away for a month... etc etc etc. sigh. XD

I've been browsing quizzes again. Today I was on blogthings.com. Check it out for fun, if you don't have much else better to do. =) And it'll be added to the links list in case next time you wanna find the site again.


Go to the quizzes on the sides there, or in the middle. And if you click refresh, those lists give you different quizzes. Most of the (many) ones that I took today had pretty accurate results. :) Of course, when you do a quiz, don't just take the results as you get them... think for yourself how true they are.

---
Just a thought:
In the dance movie "How She Move", there's a line-

"... how just one moment affects a million after it."

Which led me to also think, "...how one moment has been affected by a million before it."
Think about it. =)
---

Be still my heart.
It gets tougher, these ups and downs of teenage emotions...
Trying to find words to express thoughts that are as amorphous as the wind,
Too wide, extravagant, and overflowing to be contained by language
One moment soaring, your spirit in the sky
And then
Shutting your eyes tight
Trying to forget yourself in the darkness behind closed eyelids
One moment to another
From the heights, to the depths
From the joys, to the sickening pits of fear
Insecurities...
Ramblings that tell you you're not good enough
Tears that threaten, but never spill
A volatile thing, the heart.
Reaching out, hoping...
Wishing you could stay on the highs
Wishing the lows wouldn't be as extreme and jagged as they are...
Wishing that if, there was no other way
You could just
Leave it to float away on the breeze
Let it go, forget about it
Let it go, forget about him.

1 comment:

ShiR* said...

woo!!
that broken fone looks like mine broken fone! ahhaha i changed new one :P . hehehe.
its normal for a mom to concern about her daughters :P.
but i have a brother.. hahah my mom never concern.. hahah ~
but atleast Yana has you.
i had to b alone ALONE. i repeat. haha for 4 nights.. during new year. it was fun. new experience. hahah