Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm glad I didn't have time to blog ytd because there would've been an emo rant in it. :) You see,
*flashback flashback* hahaha

Yesterday

Woke up feeling pretty bad. The msn prank pulled on me on Friday brought back a lotta pain and confusion. I wasn't insulted by the prank itself, no, not at all. It's actually the kind of thing I myself would do (and have done before, heh). And like when Deqi asked whether I was offended by it, I said nope. ... but I was also wondering to myself why I wasn't laughing at it, like I thought I would be.

Certain feelings and issues tt I'd not really noticed before got stirred up by the prank, I guess. Like a glass of water with stuff settled at the bottom, ya know. And throughout the day, I could distract myself with the other things I did, but if there was a quiet moment and I got back to thinking about it, then it was like disturbing that water and bringing all the dirt to the surface. Which is why I was going to emo-rant when I got back home.

BUT


I'm glad I didn't. Cuz by bringing up some of that stuff, I was forced to face those issues (even though I was sooo confused and getting frustrated with it ytd). And then today by the time church came around, I'd thought about it enough and was prepared to give it to the Lord, and He helped me through worship, through the sermon, through friends. I guess pain is good, when it's because of the refining work that God's doing in your life. =)

So yeah, Johnny. Good one. XD

Alriiiight, this is what I did ytd (emo-ing excluded, haha ^^)

Went to school with mom at arnd 9.30 am, helped her move all the stuff from her last year classroom to the new one. GOT A LOT OF STUFF TO MOVE AH. Cuz it's the K1 class, so it has the most toys, books, posters, etc etc. Carried shelves and shelves and drawers and cubbyholes and cupboards worth of stuff to the new room. After mb 4 hours of tt, I thought mb I was done so I asked mom if got nething else to do. And she said, "Yeah, take the posters off the walls." I stood in the doorway of the classroom and looked arnd.

No posters. Hm, ok, easy job.


I look to my left. Also no posters. Cool.


Then I turned around and saw the wall where the doorway was, and-
Oh boy.... ._.'''' (Got quite a lot more than what you can see in the pic)

Taking down the posters and all is not the hard part.. it's scratching all the tape off of the posters and the walls after that. XD

But all in all it was quite rewarding lah, seeing one classroom empty into another. =)

(See the little kiddies' chairs~ ^^ All got tennis balls on the bottom so they not noisy when pushed across the floor, haha.)

Also, one of the worker's kids was running around. She quite cute, reminded me a bit of Nel-chan in Bleach, the little girl hollow.


Oh btw, ICS people, there's now a stationary shop in the commercial building. How nice. ^^ Now dun have to run into Central Bangna everytime we need like, new pencil lead or smth. = =


And see what they've done to our foyer...

Look like fish tank ahhh...

Not "open" and free feeling nemore. Oh well, it's for good reason, so okay.
They're also putting more plants around, and re-doing the soccer field.


At about 4, Mom and I were supposed to drive out and meet Nathan and Peace just nearby outside school. Mom pulled up to the curb and punctured her tyre. HAHAHAH.

Took maybe 40 mins to get it fixed, then we went to Paragon. We parked the car somewhere else and took the underground BTS (not called the BTS tho, I think). The regular above-ground BTS is quite "erm...", but surprisingly, the underground one could almost have been a Sg MRT station! :D Made me feel quite nice, quite at home, hahahahaha.




We had dinner at Dairy Queen, which has apparently expanded into a burger joint, no longer just ice cream. Dairy Queen, which is also often abbreviated as DQ.

Deqi. =) Queen.

We walked around Paragon for awhile, saw a live jazz band performing.


Then we went to the Siam City hotel for what we had all origianlly met up for: the Harvard's Din & Tonics acappella (guys) choir.

They BLEW. US. AWAY.

It was SO cool! I mean, I'm in choir, and I can critique singing. But critique away all you want... these guys are GOOD. And they're not just good at singing, they're very funny and entertaining too. :D

They also have this funny tradition that they all wear lime green socks. XD

The 4 of us (now including Joanne who joined us at the hotel) were pretty much the youngest in the audience, everyone else being probably 25 to 75 or something. And after the show, and ppl shaking hands with them in the lobby, we got around to chit chatting with some of them. Very cool. :)


(Haha, oops, Jo got left out of the photo... she was next to Peace. XD XD)

They're on tour, and I asked if they'd been to Sg. And AS IT TURNS OUT, THEY'RE GOING TO SG NEXT. Go watch them if you can! It's very worth it. :) See here, they're performing at Esplanade.

Here are some pictures we took on the way back.


(Jo and Nate)




Some Quotes from ytd:

Jo: Are you calling me fat again? Last time you said I'm as fat as the universe!
Nate: The universe isn't fat. It's just... *gestures*... constantly expanding.

"I'm a good drummer... I can keep beat with the rhythm of your heart... <3" style="text-align: right;">
(The following are from dinner time, where we were discussing generation differences.)

You know you're that generation [my mom's], when you:

- Type paragraphs on msn

- Correct all your grammatical and spelling mistakes in the paragraph before sending it

- After you finish typing/checking your paragraph, you use the mouse to click "send" instead of pressing the Enter key

- Don't know what 'ttyl' means, but know 'ttfn' is. ("ta-ta for now"- Tigger, from Winnie the Pooh)

- Think that "lol" is new, and cool, and in, and hip. Or some other 80's word like that.

- End sms's with "love, Mom" every time even though your kid has your number saved on his/her phone.

Hahaha. So it was a fun day!

And today I got to hang out with Karrell before she leaves tonight to the States for college. =) Had a really nice time with ya, girl! Hope you have fun and be safe!

Today's sermon was about "Don't Worry (be happy)". This post is long enough so I shall just share with you one line that I think sums most of it up.

Concern is not wrong; it's what makes you take action and so what should be done. But WORRY is wrong. Worrying is saying that God is not all-powerful, and that He doesn't care for you as much as He really does.

Ok? :D
-------
If you've read all the way through this long post, good job and thank you. Hahaha. ^^

1 comment:

ShiR* said...

oh wow! that sure is alot of moving o_O.
i laughed real hard seeing the door.
wow,, i can't wait to see it.
umm seem like u guys had a lot of fun! lol Peace in his rotc uniform. kekek. hope u feel better.. with that msn prank u said.
see you soon Ariel!!