Friday, August 8, 2008

I don't think all those fireworks are helping Beijing's air pollution problems...

Just watched the opening ceremony of the 080808 Olympics. VERY, VERY COOL. Well, some parts were a bit draggy, but I think on the whole it was really quite awesome. I was only planning to watch the first 20 mins or so but ended up watching the whole thing... dunno how long it was. 2, 3 hours +? The beginning dances and choreography and al of it was astounding. Mom and I were like, gawking at the tv. Then when they paraded all the countries' athletes, I was just waiting for Singapore to come out. Had no idea that that section of the ceremony would take so long...

I fell asleep twice during the thing... it got to a point where mom and I started (jokingly) saying things like:

"Do you think Sg even has anyone participating...?"
"Uh, well.. I think we usually just send in some ppl and hope lor..."
"Maybe our group is so small we missed it during one of the 30-second commercial breaks...."
"Or maybe they're hidden in between some bigger countries somewhere in there and they forgot to announce..."
"Oh, oh, I know. They're gonna keep Sg until the end, and then when the audience is falling asleep, Sg will come in with just ONE PERSON carrying the flag himself. Then everybody can laugh and wake up."

So... we were pleasantly surprised to see a fairly large group for Singapore enter. =)
---
Rewind~

This morning I went to school early with mom again, to help with some classroom decorations (little kiddies must have pretty classrooms :D), and then go for my Student Council meeting at 2 pm. I slept on the beanbag again for a few hours, and again had various dreams, hehehe. Also, I got to yak and catch up with Ms Perla (mom's teacher aide) while we were both working. She's sooo much fun to talk to. A lot of the time we say things in indirect ways, things that can be interpreted in more than one way, testing our diplomacy skills. Haha =3. You know. Like, word play and stuff. "It's not what you said... it's what you didn't say that I heard loud and clear." That kind of thing. Very interesting. :P

Hm... the last day or so I feel like I can't control my temper and my words as well as I know I can. Today there were numerous occasions where I "lost my cool". =( Better start praying over this.

But today I got to see Patreeya, really for the last time, I think. We took some random pictures~ I'd put more of them here but I don't think she wants me to... Actually she didn't want me to put any up. :D

Going to Pat's house to pick something up


Stuck in the fishtank~


Yeah, Pat, I bet you could just step right over that, you tall person. XD


Kadilyn and Ms Jennifer Norton, we saw them on our way out


Random shot just before going into her apartment

Our SC meeting wasn't too eventful, just an overview of what the year will be like, and what we have to do at open house on Monday... but at least we all seem to be getting along well, which is very nice. ^^

Taxi-ed home with Jana, mom went for her dentist follow-up appointment. Practiced on drums, and played some of those nice songs on piano... Like "Memory" from CATS; "(Can't Help) Falling in Love"... the earliest time I can rmb hearing that song was in Lilo n' Stitch =P; Classical Gas, etc. Then mom came home, we had dinner, and then I watched the Olympics. So yup, back to the beginning of this post.

I miss youuu, my country. ...oh. Omgosh, it's past midnight. Happy birthday! :D Will write a proper rant about you "tomorrow".

2 comments:

ShiR* said...

gudness the ics fish tank juz scares me.
hahahaha. >_<
u know, if we ever forgot our ids. n' no one is watching.. we can juz climb throught. lol~~ kekek.
i can't wait skool to open.

chrryjello said...

i FINALLY saw this LOL. a bit late, but still. I MISS YOU! You have no idea how much. We need to catch up sometime!