Saturday, August 9, 2008

HAPPY 43RD BIRTHDAY, DEAR!
:D:D:D SINGAPORE NATIONAL DAY! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Next year I'll try to be around to celebrate with you. :)

Ok obviously I'm not in love with some random piece of land. It's the friends, the places, the homey feel of the place, and the memories which make up the Singapore that I know. I was planning to rant, but I guess you all hear me talk about Sg enough, so I won't. =P On Sarah's blog there's this link to the national day page where they have all the songs written for Sg's birthday in past years. I was listening to some of my old faves, like "Home", "Where I Belong", "We Are Singapore"... omgosh, soo nice. I haven't been around the last 5 years, so I don't know the more recent ones. But other ppl in Sg apparently agree with me that the older ones just somehow felt more... special. Evoked more feeling, more nationalistic fervor... maybe's it's cuz we were all in primary school at that time, and so those songs are part of our dear memories, whereas now we're grown up and have our focus on other things. I dunno. But I really do miss those old ones. =)

...ok... guess it ended up as a rant after all.


So, apart from it being national day, and me missing Sg, today was pretty ordinary. In fact, Jana and I both were bored enough to start taking weird photos. First I was playing with the salamander, David Kim. (HAHA :D)





And Jana's little turtle.


(It's not slimy... just the flash made it look that way.)




Then this other little creature in pink came crawling up.


It climbed up the doorframe...



Then came down and started being psycho with a pair of snippers....




This creature has a very weird face... very elastic. Can be pulled into many shapes and sizes.



It likes hanging upside down from unlikely places, like armchairs,





And sleeps with it's limbs hanging off its perch.


It like high places (as seen in the doorframe shot just now), and swings down to land behind unsuspecting prey.


It may look small and cute and innocent,


but beware-

It has great leaping abilities...


and will POUNCE


GRAAH, GOTCHA!

...causing a disproportionately large amount of damage.


Hahaha. Had fun taking all those. We only sorta planned the pouncing sequence. The rest of it just came into my head as I was captioning.

I'm writing a song... sounds good so far, and I'm gonna make sure I finish it. I have a terrible tendency to leave songs half-done. Very sad. So ok, back to writing it now. ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha hi to Jana the rubber face! really cute. miss you guys! - san-yi