Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RACHEL SEAH, IF YOU SEE THIS BEFORE I GET TO TALK TO YOU ON MSN, PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PLAY HAS BEEN POSTPONED BY ONE WEEK. So you have to change your airticket. Sorry ah! Just found out. On the weekend we originally planned it, the Princess of Thailand is going to be cremated, so the authorities are not allowing any activities then. Sozzz. Pls tag if you read this.

But I don't mind it, personally. :) Gives me more time to enjoy our rehearsals. I do so love the people I work with. Today we had a pretty productive practice. It was also quite a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be. Less awkward than I anticipated. ^^^ And a lot of fun! By God's grace, I'm starting to feel that my friendship with Caleb is finally going back to what it was. Or even better, I'd say. Hallelujah. ^^

Man, I was sleepy in sch. We ended anatomy class 8 minutes early so I put my head down to rest. I thought I was still at least half-awake, and was listening out for the bell, but the next thing I knew, Lani was trying to wake me up. "ARIEL! The bell rang already dude!" I'd been out.

Dad was giving me some good ideas for what Student Council can do. Ideas like a prayer corner, or a buddy (mentor) system. Honestly, it's quite pathetic that all we're expected to do is raise funds, organize pep rallies, and the like. There's SO MUCH more we can and should do, and we're gonna do it. Prayerfully, of course. Because unless God wills it, we're gonna be working to create something that'll just fall through.

It's been a good day. Seriously, my life picks up, feels more... alive, when I'm closer to God. I love Him. I just do things better, I'm more optimistic; my words and my thoughts, my actions and my feelings are better guarded against things that could hurt me... yeah. Is it no wonder that when people drift away from God, their lives start becoming less joyful; there's a strange, uncomfortable, fidgety sense of discontentment that's there, and they (including me, as I've done before) go off in other directions, searching for what makes them happy. And when you've drifted a bit too far, then only by God's mercy will you keep your relationship with Him, because once there's that gap between you and Him, the Devil will stick his hands in the gap and try to push you further from the God that loves you and only wants what's best for you. Come back to Him. It's the best you can have.

1 comment:

L said...

At least you care about Student Council, Ariel. That's what sets individuals apart from the crowd: their desire to change their surroundings.

That's the good news.
Here's the bad news: too many students in ICS are too immature. Sorry, but they will scoff and laugh at such great ideas like yours.

That's the way the world works, but that's okay! There are always worse places, and conversely, better places in the world.