Saturday, September 13, 2008

Well.

I've had an interesting day.

At 8.30 am dad and I left the house to go to school (drama practice), on motorcycle. We were going under the bridge, and its always hard to maneuver in there cuz you have to keep your head down, and the path is only a meter wide or less. Off the path just means sand and dirt and stone, but you still don't wanna bump down there. I mean, this isn't an overhead bridge. More like where the road was built over a canal, and motorcycles go under the road, next to the canal, to cut to the other side of the highway. We've gone under that bridge many times, and we've always been fine.

Today, however, there was a lot of water down there because of the rain we've been having. Even parts of the path were submerged. Anyway, I was keeping my head down as usual, so I couldn't really tell what was going on. There are bumpy sections where it feels like we're gonna fall, but we never do. But today when we were nearly at the end, I just remember feeling like dad was struggling with the bike for a split second, and then suddenly we were both off the bike, lying in about 4 inches of water. Yup. As of today, I can say that I've been in a "motorcycle accident". :P

Apparently, the light reflecting off the water had made it tough to see where the path was or wasn't. The bike's front wheel had gone off the path and hit into a chunk of cement somwhere down in the murk. At least we only fell of from nearly zero speed. Dad scratched up his elbow pretty bad, and tore some muscles in his shoulder. Me, I was completely unhurt. Well, I did get a small nick on my elbow and wrist, but there wasn't any blood at all. Just a few skin cells fell off. X) Nor did my leg get pinned or crushed by the bike, like I'd expected it to. Not even a bruise, goodness. Maybe just cuz the pillion usually sustains less damage than the rider. Maybe because I was lucky. Maybe because I'd been praying just a minute before that. Whatever it was, I sure thank and praise God for keeping me so incredibly safe.

Two other motorcyclists who were passing helped us get the bike up, and out to where we wouldn't be blocking that narrow way. I called mom to pick us up, cuz dad couldn't ride. Called Joanna and asked her to tell Mr Philip I'd be late for practice. I only had to go home and change because I'd gotten pretty wet (and so did the stuff in my bag... had to lay that all out to dry as well, lol), but dad had to go to the hospital. We thought maybe he'd fractured something, but thankfully not.

On the way to the hospital, mom dropped me off at the Nation Tower, and I took the overhead bridge and went in to school. I was feeling pretty okay, no probz. Felt like I was ready to jump straight into drama prac, since I was nearly an hour late already. But when I saw my friends and Mr Philip, and they were all concerned and stuff, I nearly cried. I guess that's when I realized how stunned and scared I'd been. Not for myself; I was totally okay, physically. Just that I didn't like seeing dad hurt and in pain.

Ah, and now I understand why, in one scene from our play when Jo is feeling sad, Laurie invites her to "run down this hill with me". Cuz I was having trouble settling down to act. Like, I couldn't talk without my voice shaking. But then Mr Philip asked us all to go take a run around the soccer field, and it felt like a miracle. Within the next few minutes, I was back to being me, and laughing and fooling around and being crazy with my drama people.

We went through our scenes. I think I'm doing pretty well in terms of memorizing; I didn't have to ask for my lines much. It was amazing how great drama made me feel again after the unfortunate, un-routine event that had taken place earlier. Love you guys. =)

The rest of the day, in light of this morning, seem pretty normal and not worth reporting, so I shall end off here. Once again I praise God for His protection. Phew. =}

No comments: