Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm scaring myself. Too many things are changing. I'm wondering if it's just the holiday mood, meaning that things'll go back to normal when school starts... of if it's otherwise. Like for one, I'm enjoying shopping too much. Suddenly I'm seeing stuff to buy everywhere. I used to be like "Nup, nothing to buy, not interested." Now... uh oh. Close that door, Ariel, close it. You've taken one step too far in, so now back out, slam it shut, put a padlock on it and throw the key away. Quick, before that sucking vortex pulls you all the way in!

[[It's cuz of a few things. One, the 2 week internship I had in Sg. Cuz I had to dress quite nicely everyday, so now I've gotten used to it + I've come across a few new "looks" that seem to work for me. Two, I kept trying to shop in Sg but things were pretty expensive. In comparison, bkk seems really cheap, and it feels easier to spend. (This is NOT a good thing.) Third, will be mentioned a bit further down.]]

My attitude towards studies and good grades is also getting a bit too 'laxed. =S Well this one, I'm thinking it really just might be the holiday mood. But I'd just better make sure that I shift back up into gear when school re-opens. I take my grades for granted, really. I mustn't. Cuz I don't wanna, before I know it, become a slacker. Hopefully this one won't turn out to be a big deal. Well at least my next school year is gonna be busy for sure, with the courses I'm taking, plus the student council stuff. That oughta shake off any apathy. =)

Next... *frowns* what's up with this infatuation thing? Gawsh. I mean, infatuation isn't a new-comer to my life. But still, everytime a new case comes up, I get a bit shaken. Welp, let's look at it, the pros and cons.

Cons: You all know it. The rollercoaster of ups and downs and switching between cloud-nine hopefulness and overly-dramatic despair. And so on and so forth. I'm sure you're all familiar.

Pros: You'll know most of this too, though for me there's an added plus- each time I've liked someone new, a bit of the old tomboy fades away. I mean, I'll always be me. Ya know ya know. Ariel's always gonna be Ariel. But at least I'm no longer a tomboy bent on the destruction of femininity and womanhood. XD HOWEVER, this pro has a con too. *points back up to the first paragraph* Yep. The bane of shopping. Trying to look nice for a guy who isn't even around to see the effort I put in to the way I dress.

I shan't complain though! These things are what make life interesting and characterize these very exciting teen years. Hehehehhe. ^^

Today I watched Hancock. It was good! I recommend it. :D Good for laughs, action, and had a pretty interesting plot.

Anyway, tmr is the youth service for All Saints. All the best, ya'll, for the dance and the band! You can be sure my thoughts and best wishes are there with ya.

Oh, and as an afterthought... today I went out with one of my school friends... and I still don't seem to have reverted to my Thailand self. Yet another disconcerting change.

Hahahaha. But stay tuned in! Life is being amusing... =) More updates probably to come.

No comments: